Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Agen At Last

I have been thinking about coming to Agen for so long that it seems hard to believe that I am really here!  It is everything I had imagined and then some!  Kate has been a most gracious and welcoming hostess and has made me feel so at home.  We are very much alike, and in many ways I feel as if I am talking to my twin or perhaps a long lost sister.  We talk as if we have known each other for years.  It is rather surreal. 

Camont's Front door
As for this place, it is so french (biensur) which to me is the best compliment I can give it! 

open shelving has always been de regulier here
There are villages dotted throughout the countryside and Kate and I have been busy visiting them each day.  Yesterday, we went inside the winery of a close friend of hers, where I was able to peek at their kitchen, as shown above.

We also visited an outdoor market which open in differet villages throughout the week. This is where Kate buys most of her food that she doesn't get from her own garden.  Fresh from farm to table within a day or less!


Mama hen
We have been cooking each day.  We made veal scallopini, zucchini in cream sauce, and a pear tarte the first night.  Last night we roasted a chicken a truffe, which means we made an herb paste to put under the skin.  It was all tres delicieuse!  We ate them so fast we forgot to take pictures.  I will do better next time!  The chicken above provided the eggs for my omlette this morning.  Thanks, Mama hen!

A demain (til tomorrow), dear ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment